Russian Diamond Way Karma Kagyu Buddhists Association
Administration of Krasnoyarsk Region
Krasnoyarsk Museum of Regional Studies
Institute of Oriental Studies of the Russian Academy of Sciences
Centre For Philosophical Comparative Studies and Social and Humanitarian Re- search at the Institute of Philosophy of Saint-Petersburg State University
Institute of History and Archaeology of the Mongolian Academy of Sciences
Fifth International Scientific and Practical Conference
VAJRAYANA BUDDHISM IN RUSSIA: AT THE CROSSROADS OF CULTURES
timeframe: October 10-13, 2016
State Research Library of Krasnoyarsk Region
ul. K. Marksa, 114
MAIN OBJECTIVES OF THE CONFERENCE:
- carrying out interdisciplinary scientific exchange;
- researching Vajrayana Buddhism and its interactions with other Buddhist traditions;
- uniting and supporting Vajrayana researchers and practitioners.
SUBJECTS FOR DISCUSSION:
- Buddhism in the history of Russia and adjacent countries;
- Buddhism in the global world;
- Problems of Russian Buddhist education;
- Buddhism and contemporary socio-cultural practices;
- Forms of reception of Buddhism in the West and Russia;
- Past and contemporary lay Buddhism;
- Buddhism in the light of contemporary knowledge in the field of natural sciences;
- Buddhism in Russian philosophy, literature and art;
- Mutual interaction of various Buddhist traditions in the context of their history;
- Vajrayana methods and development of a person’s intellectual and creative abilities.
The conference will include a panel discussion on the topic: “Buddhist artefacts and objects of arts on the territory of Russia”, led by S.-Kh. D. Syrtypova, DS in History (Moscow).
THE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE CO-CHAIRPERSONS:
- Elena Valeryevna Leonteva, PhD in History, Editor-in-chief of “Buddhism.ru” magazine
- Rashit Gizzatovich Rafikov, PhD in History, Deputy Head of the Administration for Public Relations of the Governor of Krasnoyarsk region.
THE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
- A.M. Alekseyev-Apraksin, DS in Cultural Studies, Prof. (Saint-Petersburg)
- V.P. Androsov, DS in History, Prof. (Moscow)
- N.G. Artemyeva, PhD in History (Vladivostok)
- V.N. Badmayev, DS in Philosophy, Prof. (Elista)
- S.G. Batyreva, DS in Arts (Elista)
- A.O. Belyakov, PhD in Philosophy (Blagoveschensk)
- Ágnes Birtalan, Dr., Prof. (Budapest, Hungary)
- Vesna A. Wallace, Dr., Prof. (Santa Barbara, California, USA)
- E.E. Deryagina, PhD in Philosophy, Associate Professor at the State Commission for Academic Degrees and Titles (Krasnoyarsk)
- Burnee Dorjsuren, Dr., Prof. (Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia)
- V.V. Dubich, PhD in Technical Sciences, Associate Professor (Krasnoyarsk)
- B.S. Dugarov, DS in Philology (Ulan-Ude)
- Yu.I. Yelikhina, PhD in History (Saint-Petersburg)
- N.L. Zhukovskaya, DS in History, Prof. (Moscow)
- A.P. Zabiyako, DS in Philosophy, Prof. (Blagoveschensk)
- B.I. Zagumyennov, PhD in Philosophy (Saint-Petersburg)
- L.L. Karnaukhova, Deputy Scientific Director at the Krasnoyarsk Museum of Regional Studies
- B.U. Kitinov, PhD in History, Associate Professor (Moscow)
- A.Sh. Koibagarov, President of the Russian Association of Buddhists of Diamond Way Karma Kagyu Tradition (Saint-Petersburg)
- A.S. Kolesnikov, DS in Philosophy, Prof. (Saint-Petersburg)
- L.M. Korotetskaya, PhD in Philosophy, A.P. (Novosibirsk)
- A.A. Kurapov, PhD in History (Astrakhan)
- S.Yu. Lepekhov, DS in Philosophy, Prof. (Ulan-Ude)
- A.V. Lesnov, PhD in Philosophy, A.P. (Magadan)
- N.A. Orekhova, PhD in History, Senior Research Associate (Krasnoyarsk)
- Artur Przybysławski, PhD in Philosophy (Krakow, Poland)
- T.M. Savenkova, Research Associate (Krasnoyarsk)
- Sampildondov Chuluun, Dr., Prof. (Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia)
- S.-Kh.D. Syrtypova, DS in History, Leading Research Associate (Moscow)
- K.Sh. Khafizova, member of the Kazakh National Academy of Sciences, DS in History, Prof. (Almaty, Kazakhstan)
- V.M. Dronova (Saint-Petersburg): email@example.com; tel: +7 962 683 07 00; +7 911 921 20 43
- A.B. Sokolov (Saint-Petersburg): firstname.lastname@example.org
WORKING LANGUAGES OF THE CONFERENCE– Russian and English
The conference programme includes plenary and section sessions.
If you wish to participate in the conference, please send the following materials to the organizing committee until the 1st of July, 2016: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Electronic version of your PAPER(ready for publication) in Word format for Windows, Times New Roman font size 14, line spacing 1,5, margins 2,5 cm, content – 15,000 symbols. Please, specify your full name and the city in the parentheses before the title in the right top corner. For example: I.I. Ivanov (Moscow), the title should be placed in the center of the next line. References to the literature in the text (in square brackets) should contain a surname of the author of the quoted work, a year of publication and a page number, all of these separated by commas. For example: [Ivanov, 2005, 214]. The Reference List put in alphabetical order is placed in the end of the text. Headers, page numbers and footnotes containing references are not allowed. Semantic clarification remarks are given in parentheses within the text. For example: Truth State (Sanskrit)
- ABSTRACTS of maximum 500 symbols in Russian and English (as a separate file).
- APPLICATION (should be sent as a separate file, in the subject line please note: application – surname of the participant).
- THE AUTOR’S PERSONAL INFORMATION: full name, scientific degree, academic title, work position, company, e-mail, postal address, contact phone.
- TOPIC OF THE PAPER.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
- need for accommodation during the conference;
- need for organizing daily lunches for 200-400 rubles (in addition to free coffee-breaks);
- need for official invitation from the Organizing committee;
- need for special devices for presentations.
INFORMATION FOR PARTICIPANTS
The payment for participants of the conference is 1000 rubles (conditions and payment details will be
reported to participants upon receiving an application and texts).
Travelling and living expenses are to be covered by the delegating organization.
A collection of articles will be published after the conference.
The right to select materials for publication is reserved to the Organizing committee.
THE ADDRESS OF THE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE: Russia, 190068, Saint-Petersburg, per. Nikolsky, 7-26